Birthright Services and Fees
We are a group of obstetricians working closely with a core group of midwives.
We share knowledge, experience and expertise. We are committed to providing continuity of care within the group. Our on call schedule ensures that our availability for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week for consultation or delivery is never compromised.
We work with you in planning what is best for you and your pregnancy. Consulting and booking with Birthright can be done at any stage in your pregnancy. Your first specialist consultation may last for one hour, as we discuss your needs and how the care is organized. Your care plan will include antenatal checks, diagnostic tests and screening.
Follow up consultations are for 15 minutes in most cases but obviously longer as the need arises. You will have a visit with our antenatal care midwives to discuss your birthplan and issues to help prepare you for parenthood. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and we will discuss antenatal classes with you.
Delivery is at National Womens at Auckland City Hospital. We will also discuss the options of private anesthetic and paediatric care.
Our fee of $6000 covers:
- All your specialist obstetric and midwifery care: antenatal, labour and delivery, and postnatal visits
- This is regardless of pregnancy complications or mode of delivery.
- This fee does not include the cost of ultrasounds, private anaesthetists, private paediatricians, physiotherapist or consultation with the obstetric physician.
- Fee for non-residence will differ, please check with our office.
Some medical insurances cover obstetric fees so you may be able to recover a portion of your fee from your provider.
We provide care for women with:
- Normal pregnancy and birth
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Multiple pregnancies
- Emotional trauma from a previous pregnancy experience
- Fertility issues
- High risk pregnancies
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Auto-immune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other connective tissue disorders
- Raised blood pressure, or women who develop raised blood pressure in pregnancy, or those with a past history of raised pressure in pregnancy including pre-eclampsia.
- Poor previous obstetric history
- IVF pregnancies
We look forward to meeting and caring for you in your pregnancy.
Call us and discuss your care.
0800 247 848